When is he coming home?
That's a common question around the NICU. Here's the timeline that JR and I have been told--it has been crazy.
So about when will Evan come home?
Day before yesterday: around Sunday (7/30)
Yesterday morning around 9am: Doctor #1 says 7-10 days
This morning around 10am: Doctor #2 says "tomorrow" (which is Sunday, 7/30)
Today around 5:30pm: Doctor #1 says around 5 days
What will they say tomorrow? It all depends on little Evan. He's "the boss" as the nurses say.
He had another brady this afternoon, so the soonest would be 5 days from today. Doctor #2, who has a very calm nature about him, came over and told JR about the 5 days. He looked at me and said "You are SO nervous. You need to calm down." That was the first somewhat judgemental comment from him, and I thought I liked him so much. Ha ha. Again before he walked away he looked at me somewhat bewildered, moved his hands as though he was pressing down on a table and again told me to calm down. "You have to get comfortable with the bradies," he said. Sure, I thought, comfortable with my baby's heart dipping down to abnormal levels? Are you insane?! I guess I should be used to those things by now. But I guess I am just high-strung right now...quite different from my usual self. I just want Evan to be healthy--which he is. He just needs to outgrow these episodes. I just need to be patient. And calmer, maybe.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home