"Two steps forward, one step back"
That's the saying a lot of nurses have for how things go at the NICU. And Evan has been no exception. I try to remember how much better he is doing overall, that he is still gaining weight, that he is beautiful, that he will be coming home soon. And I am so grateful for that.
He is spitting up again, but they are just observing him for now. The breastfeeding session did not go very well this morning, whereas yesterday morning (and evening) were wonderful. Thank God he is not having any more "episodes" lately (that's when he forgets to breathe--very common among preemies). Hopefully he will not have any more, but I always speak hesitantly, with much caution to not get my hopes up too high... So many times I burst into tears in front of a nurse, because they tell me something not so good; it's not necessarily very bad, but it's always a jolt to my sensitive system. After all, some babies just spit up. Some do a lot. Especially with that nasty liquid vitamin they give him. As long as he is gaining weight....

1 Comments:
Preemies do give you a higher blood pressure, but they will bounce back with a vengeance. Just wait and see, he'll be home in no time. I remember when I had to go to the hospital 2-3 times a day because I was sent home before Timmy (who was 6 weeks premature). I got home, took a little nap, and then it was time to leave again. Longest 2 weeks of my life! Meanwhile, we'll keep on praying for Evan.
Post a Comment
<< Home