Patience
Evan will not be coming home for at least another 3 days. At this point I think it will be longer, maybe a week or so. But that's just speculation.
The past couple night he's had "bradies"--the kind of episode where the heart rate dips down low and nurses needed to stimulate him some. Not as visually scary, because he didn't turn grey, and these were during the night so I wasn't there. It might be reflux, it might be because he was taken off the reflux medication. The doctors all say they just need to wait and watch him. He needs to go 3 days without having any such episodes before going home. Since these episodes happened at night while he was sleeping, those are the type to be concerned about; he certainly cannot be at home because if he had that while we were all sleeping we wouldn't know.
Yesterday was very hard for me. Today too, I guess, but I'm a bit better. I want him home but at the same time I want him to stay at the hospital on the monitors as long as possible to make sure he's okay. It's been a month now since he's been born. It feels like an eternity to me. Sometimes I wonder how I can keep functioning... But I will do anything for my sweetheart, Evan.
Other than those episodes, he's doing well. And he is sooo adorable! He has really big, bright eyes (the nurses all comment on how big his eyes are) and chubby cheeks and when he moves his head back a bit he even has a double chin. More photos to come...

5 Comments:
Yay for cuteness. I'll be praying for you both.
Thank you :).
New update: now it's going to be 7-10 days til he comes home...So it's always changing...
I'm with you there, I'd like my baby to be 100% before he leaves the hospital. I know what you mean, once Evan gets home, your maternity leave days run out! Total bummer! Like Elaine, we'll continue to pray for your family.
I'm sorry to hear that Evan's not coming home for a while. But I'm glad to hear that the doctors are making sure that he's totally ready before sending him home. I'll be praying for you and Evan! And I can't wait to see more pictures :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home