Latest child illness I've never heard of 'til now...
La maladie d'enfant la plus recente que je ne connaissais pas jusqu'a maintenant...
Evan probably has impetigo...what some people consider to be the infection of dirty people. I never heard of it until today. A kid at daycare has it so the whole class was exposed. And it's super contagious. And I noticed a rough patch of crusty skin on Evan's nose. So, tonight consisted of bathing Evan right when we walked in the door (with antibacterial soap), washing all sheets/blankets/stuffed animals on sanitary setting, spraying antimicrobial spray all over the carpet and furniture (too much maybe?), and trying not to touch Evan's face too much. Tomorrow, another trip to the doctor! Of course, this is not dangerous and I prefer this over a 106 degree fever any day!
Evan a peut-etre impetigo...que quelques gens considerent comme une maladie de saleté. Je n'ai jamais entendu parler de ca avant aujourd'hui. Un enfant a la creche l'a alors toute la classe etait exposee. Et c'est tres contagieux. Et hier j'ai remarque quelque chose sur le nez d'Evan. Alors, ce soir, des qu'on est arrive c'etait direct au bain, ou j'ai lave Evan avec du savon antibacterien, j'ai lave tous les draps/couvertures/animaux en peluche en l'eau tres chaude, j'ai mis un produit antibacterien partout sur le tapis et les canapes (c'est un peu trop, peut-etre?). Et on essaye de ne pas trop touche le visage d'Evan. Demain, c'est une autre visite chez le medecin! Mais, bien sur, impetigo n'est pas dangereux, et je prefere ca a une fievre de 40 degres!

3 Comments:
I knew if I clicked your like I would go to wikipedia ;) Is that a pic of a babies butt?
Poor Evan...too much rugby and contact sports...
yes, gotta love wikipedia! especially since it has english and french.
and yes, i do believe that's a baby's butt. do not do a french google search on impetigo--you'll see much worse photos.
but Evan doesn't have it!!! yay!
Pauvre petit Evan !
C'est un peu comme les poux ou la gale que les enfants très sales transmettent très facilement aux enfants les plus propres!
De mon temps il fallait arracher les croûtes (horreur!). Mon frère en avait attrapé et cela avait beaucoup impressionné ma mère.
C'est rigolo que ça arrive en 2008 dans une crèche ultra clean des USA...
On revient de vacances en Rép. Dom. et on retrouve ici la pluie et l'hiver.
Post a Comment
<< Home