Tongue untied
I was dreading this morning. To go back to the same doctor that messed up on Evan's tongue, to have him attempt it again--it was wearing on my nerves. I asked the doctor how he was going to make sure Evan didn't move his tongue this time. In other words, how was he going to make sure he did it right this time? This time, the doctor was much more humble, and certainly more careful. He had a nurse help him and in two seconds it was over. Evan didn't even cry! He's so strong!
Now, Evan is no longer "tongue-tied." As the doctor said, he will be able to French kiss someday. Yikes! Now that's freaky to think about... Anyway, it's over and it went well. Immediately I saw Evan slightly stick out his tongue, and I gasped in surprise and delight (scaring JR as he was driving--oops). He took the bottle fine and now is sound asleep. He seems completely unphased.
My mother is here now, and starting crying in happiness and she stared at the sleeping Evan. Last time she saw him he was only a week or so old and much tinier. I'm sure Grandma will love holding Evan--she may not want to put him down!

1 Comments:
Yay for toungue freedom and Grandmas!
Post a Comment
<< Home