3 Bibis

The new little "bibi" is here!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Daddy time

I'm starting to realize Evan's wakeful periods are not random; they are based on when JR is home. He wakes up in the morning and stays awake for Daddy's baby talk and kisses, then soon after JR leaves, he falls asleep. Then, he wakes up soon before JR gets home and stays awake to hang out with him. Today, I was stumped as to why Evan was not falling asleep after the midmorning meal as he usually does. I seriously think he knew JR was coming home for lunch! He stayed awake and was fussy, and once JR walked through the door he seemed happier. Then we (Srivalli, who also came for lunch, JR, and me) were trying to put him to sleep and he would not have that!

Finally Evan seemed to be falling asleep. JR said goodbye to Evan, kissing him, saying "I don't care if I wake you up because I'm leaving!" The minute JR walked out the front door, Evan fell into a deep sleep. He knew Daddy was gone, and so he could sleep now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aww! Daddy time is important :) As is Mommy time of course, but he gets as much as he wants of that :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger judith said...

Its that male bonding thing. Don't worry, playtime is with Dad but when they're sick, they always want Mommy.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home