April and June showers: shower #2
Now this one wasn't a total surprise but even though I knew the date and time of the special event, there were still plenty of surprising details! My friends Elaine and Donna, my Aunt Denise, and (once again) my sister Jen, put on this AWESOME party for me.
Some big surprises: my cousin Sharon flew in from Arizona just to come to my shower, and my old buddy Gretchen (who I've know since we were 4 yrs old) drove down from Vacaville. Plus a bunch of my friends and coworkers came and brought wonderful food (mmm I love Middle Eastern cuisine! And Indian and Chinese!)
Here are the beautiful decorations Jen and Shawn prepared and the delicious, adorable cake Denise brought:


Thank goodness we ate lunch first...the "dirty diaper game" might have spoiled some peoples' appetites. But to me, those chocolate bars smelled pretty good--way better than any diaper I bet!
Elaine and Donna were the leaders of the games and giver of prizes and did a great job entertaining us all. JR and I are still looking through everyone's name sheets for the "name game", since we have not yet found a name for little "bibi". But, sorry, Denise, I don't think Egbert will quite suit our son ;). Neither, Jen, will "Uno." That game showed how really horrible I am at choosing boy's names, since my list included names like "Rocky" and, like Denise..."Egbert"...After the fellas came home (JR and my brother-in-law Shawn), JR excitedly "opened" the presents for our little one. He was especially excited over the little Broncos outfits. And we are both amazed by everyone's generosity. Now the challenge will be installing the car seat...Sorry, JR, but I'm making an appointment with the CHP or fire station to check your work.... ;)
And finally Elaine could express her enthusiasm over the awesome invitations, which deserve at least 1 photo. Thanks to her and her graphic designer friend, I will have a beautifully decorated nursery with the personal touch of my friends and loved ones. The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but these look great and I love how everyone was so creative!


2 Comments:
It sure sounded and looked like fun! Really sorry I missed it. Where are you having this baby anyway (at least where do you INTEND having this baby)? Kaiser on Kiely since it's closest to your house? If so, maybe I can pop my head in, if I may when bibi is out. By the way, when are you due? See, if I went to the shower I wouldn't have to ask you all these questions. Too sad! Anyway, I'm sure you had a good time and thats as it should be.
I'm sorry you couldn't make it but I totally understand ;). I'm going to have the bibi at El Camino Hospital (we don't have Kaiser). At least I hope we'll make it in time... And he's due Aug. 14. And of course I'd be happy to have visitors ;).
Post a Comment
<< Home