Big news, big baby!
Sorry for not posting in so long...
The news is: Evan is no longer on any medication! We've slowly tapered the doses, and yesterday was his first day not taking anything. He still takes multivitamins and iron everyday. He is doing great! He doesn't spit up that much and the reflux seems to be a thing of the past (knock on wood).
More news: he is starting solids! Well, I should say he is starting almost-not-liquids... Yesterday was the first time we gave him rice cereal but the first feeding is just a tiny bit of cereal mixed in some formula, so really it's like slightly thickened liquid. JR put together Evan's new highchair and we had so much fun at the big event.
And finally, last Thursday he weighed in at 15 pounds, 10 ounces, or 7.1 kilos! His length was 65.5 cm or 25.75 inches. In terms of percentiles, he's at 50% for height, and 25% for weight. So he is an average guy in terms of height, and is getting there for weight. By the size of his cheeks you'd think he was super chubby but actually his body is not too chunky ;).
The First Meal
First, we let him play with the spoon. This is his "concentrating face" (although usually his brow is furrowed)--he looks like this when he is really focused on his toys, in his own little world:
The first spoonful made him cringe, as if he was tasting something horrible.
Then a few seconds later he eagerly opened his mouth wide as the spoon approached. What a pro!
Now, keep in mind he just had a bottle right before the highchair meal--a whole 6 ounces--so he wasn't even really hungry... But although he was sleepy, he was still happy!

All done! Kisses before bedtime...
Oh, and there's more news! Evan started daycare. This week was his first full week there, and I've gone to work full-time. The first day he went to daycare (Friday the 1st) he only stayed a few hours because he was crying so much and refused to eat. JR went to take him home for the rest of the afternoon. Evan had a shot in the morning so was overly grumpy, and the big change of daycare was too much for him.Since then, he seems to like daycare. JR drops him off in the morning (I go to work earlier) and I pick him up. He doesn't cry, and I swear when I pick him up he's the only baby not screaming and crying. He smiles at his caretaker, and barely notices I've arrived. The woman tells me she holds him a lot, plays with him, tries to get him to crawl or move around (but he HATES being on his stomach), and he eats and sleeps a lot like usual.
I think it's harder on me than him. I miss him during the day but I'm getting used to it. I'm so excited to leave work and pick him up. And although he barely notices when I arrive, he is happy to come home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home